INDEX OF CUP RULES
THE PROKIT UK LEAGUE CUP COMPETITION
1. The Competition shall be designated as the ProKit UK Essex Olympian Football League Cup Competition.
2. The Competition shall be conducted on a knock-out basis as determined by the League Management Committee and shall be open to Clubs in membership. The Competition shall be affiliated to the Essex County Football Association.
3. The Competition shall be managed by the League Management Committee.
(a) Players shall be registered members of the Club they represent in accordance with League Rule 18 (A) and shall have played, except in all rounds of the Competition up to and including the semi-final, for such Club in at least FIVE Essex Olympian Football League competitive matches (these shall include all rounds up to and including the semi-final of the League Cup, League Challenge Cup and League matches, but shall NOT include any County Cup, friendly or representative matches), during the current season. In all ties no player shall have played for more than one Club in any of the current season’s League Cups or Denny King Memorial Cup matches. No team may contain more than THREE players who have played TEN or more competitive matches at or above Step 6 in the National League System during the current season. After the last Saturday of March, any of those players must have played in at least 30% of the member clubs’ first team and/or reserve team fixtures, constituting League and League Cup fixtures only, excluding County and Charity Cups, during the current season. Any club proved guilty of playing an ineligible player shall be struck out of the competition and/or otherwise dealt with at the discretion of the Management Committee and the match shall be awarded to their opponents. Note:- Prior to all rounds up to BUT EXCLUDING the semi-final, players may be signed on prior to the match in accordance with League Rules
(b) A team competing in the Reserve Cup Competition shall NOT include more than FOUR players who have played in the Senior Cup Competition. Any such players shall be debarred if they have played in 10 or more Senior League and/or League Cup matches in the current season (this includes any transferred players who are not cup-tied). All such players shall be deemed ineligible players and subject to the penalties referred to in Cup Rule 5 (a). Players who shall have played in the Reserve Cup Competition SHALL be allowed to take part in the Senior Cup Competition.
(c) Clubs playing in Cup Semi-Finals and Finals must submit the names of the players, from whom their team will be selected, to the Hon. Registration Secretary at least SEVEN days before the day of the match. Clubs in default shall be fined £18.00.
5. Referees for all matches and Asst. Referees for the semi-finals (if available) and final shall be appointed by the Management Committee. In matches prior to the final, neutral Asst. Referees may be appointed, if not each Club shall provide an efficient Asst. Referee, for the whole of the game.
6. The draw shall be made by the Management Committee who will also fix the grounds and dates by which the ties shall be played. In all ties, the duration of play shall be ninety minutes (45 minutes each way), but in the event of the scores being equal at the expiration of ninety minutes, there will be no extra time played and the match shall be decided by a penalty competition in conformance with the current rules of the Football Association, subject to the provison that in the opinion of the Referee light or conditions will not permit full-time to be played he/she may reduce the playing period to forty minutes each way
7. Where a match is postponed due to there being no registered referee available and no referee nominated in accordance with Rule 23 (B) the match shall be re-arranged
8. On the second occasion that a match is postponed due to the home pitch being unfit or otherwise unavailable, the match is to be switched to the opponents ground if they have a pitch that is fit and available. When this occurs the club hosting the match will be responsible for paying the match officials.
9. With the exceptions above stated, the Rules of the ProKit UK Essex Olympian Football League shall, wherever applicable, govern this Competition
10. Each Club shall be deemed to have given its assent to the foregoing Rules and to abide by the decisions of the Management Committee, subject to Rule 7 of the League Rules.
THE PROKIT UK CHALLENGE CUP COMPETITION
1. The Competition shall be designated the ProKit UK Essex Olympian Football League Challenge Cup Competition.
2. The Competition shall be conducted as determined by the League Management Committee.
3. The Competition shall be OPEN to the Premier Division League Champions and Senior Cup Winners (Under 21 Challenge Cup, Under 21 Division One League Champions and Denny King Memorial Under 21 Cup Winners). In the event of one Club winning BOTH the League and Cup Competitions the Premier Division (Under 21 Division One) Runners-up may participate, at the League Management Committee’s discretion
4. Duration of play shall be in accordance with the current rules of the ProKit UK Essex Olympian Football League Cup Competition, with the exception that in the event of the scores still being equal after ninety minutes, there will be no extra time played and the result will be determined by a penalty competition in conformance with the current rules of the Football Association..
5. With the exceptions above stated the rules of the ProKit UK Essex Olympian Football League Cup Competition shall, wherever applicable, govern this competition.