1. Your contacts on the League are :-
The Referees Appointment Secretary, for all matters relating to the appointment of Referees
The Asst. Referees Appointment Secretary, for all matters relating to the appointment of Asst. Referees
The Referees Results Secretary, the recipient of all referees result sheets
The Referees Support Officer, Collate all referees marks for presentation to the E.C.F.A. and support referees with their concerns whether this be games or league matters
2. Reports concerning players cautioned and the sending off of players or regarding misconduct by Club Officials or spectators must be submitted in the approved manner within two days of the occurrence to:
Essex County Football Association,
The County Office,
Springfield Lyons Approach,
3. The result of each match must be sent BY E-MAIL on the official result sheet within two days of the match to the Hon. Referees Results Secretary:
4. Report all late starts and teams playing short. Where it is necessary to report late starts or short teams the referee must notify the team captain or other club official of the club concerned on the day, and your report must include the name of the person notified.
5. If a player is cautioned or sent off the field for misconduct in a League or Cup game, Referees must complete the appropriate section in the Result Sheet, with all relevant details. Please complete as many ‘boxes’ as possible.
6. If you have not received any instructions regarding match arrangements, in accordance with League Rule 10 (D), Referees and/or Asst. Referees should themselves contact the home clubs Hon. Secretary/Fixtures Secretary, or if contact cannot be made the League Hon. Referees Appointments Secretary. Such failures by the home club should also be reported on the Result Sheet.
7. Referees and Assistant Referees need not acknowledge appointments except to indicate nonacceptance. All dates given as open will remain open for an appointment to be made unless closed with the relevant Referees Secretary.
8. All match officials are expected to arrive at the ground at least 30 minutes before the appointed kick-off time and to be smartly dressed i.e. tie, shirt & trousers or suit
9. Referees are encouraged to join their local Referees Society where you can get advice and discuss any problems with other referees. Society details are contained in the E.C.F.A. Handbook or can be obtained from County Office.
10. Referees are requested to ensure that team sheets show the FULL given names of all players and not just initials.
11. The E.C.F.A. have advised us that appointments to the Essex Senior League Reserve Division DO NOT take precedence over appointments on our League.
12. If you are not offered refreshment after the match, ask for it. Report the matter to the league, who will deal with the club. Do not go without your refreshment which does not have to be made available in the changing room.
13. As stated in the Notes To Secretaries, the term “immediately after” in Rule 13 (E) paragraph 5 shall mean immediately after in your own dressing room. If this does not happen you should report the fact on the Result Sheet
14. Match officials must adhere to the relevant section of the Code of Conduct as detailed in Appendix B of the Handbook
15. Referees should note the contents of rule 10 (G) relating to the use of Roll On – Roll Off substitutes in the Under 21 Divisions and Denny King Memorial Under 21 Cup only.
16. Referees are requested to notify the League if clubs do not comply with the requirements of League Rule 10 (L) with respect to having only one person within the technical area conveying tactical instructions at any one time. Everyone else must either be sitting in the dugout or be behind the ropes/barrier. If there is no dugout then everyone else must be behind the ropes/barrier.
If there is no technical area then everyone must be behind the ropes/barrier
17. TIMES OF KICK-OFF
(Subject to variation by the League Management Committee (Rule 10 (B))
All League Matches:
August to October and March to May 2.30 p.m.
November to February 2.00 p.m.
Evening matches must kick-off by the following times (Unless Floodlit)
August and May 6.30p.m.
September to April 6.15p.m.
All Cup Matches:
August to October and March to May 2.15 p.m.
November to February 1.30 p.m.
Clubs may mutually agree upon earlier or later (if floodlight facility is available) times provided all parties involved in the match agree.