Season 2011-12

Last updated: February 19th, 2016.

Final League Tables

Cup Final Results

Full Season Details

County Cup Success Again

Bishops Stortford Swifts once again won the Hertfordshire Intermediate Cup and in the Essex Premier Cup. Stambridge United from our Senior Division Three finished runners up to the eventual winners Newbury Forest who have now joined our league.

In Senior Division Three there were just seven points separating the top 5 places and the eventual winners were Newham United and the runners up Old Barkabbeyans who were new to the League this season.

Springfield won Senior Division Two and the runners up were Old Southendian .

Southminster St. Leonards were clear winners of Senior Division One with Ongar Town finishing strongly as runners up.

In the Premier Division several Clubs were in with a shout of honours as we approached the end of the season. Frenford Senior finished as Champions of the division for the first time in their history and Kelvedon Hatch were runners up.

In Reserve Division Three Catholic United were champions finishing just ahead of Newham United.

Castle United won Reserve Division Two, 1 point ahead of Debden Sports. Robert Small of Castle Reserves was the leading goal scorer across all divisions with a total of 34 goals made in just 20 appearances.

Reserve Division One was probably the most keenly contested division in the League as just 3 points separated 5 teams. Kelvedon Hatch were the eventual champions and Rayleigh Town Runners up which was all decided on the last game.

The Cup Finals were plagued with bad weather right at the very end of the season. The Senior Division Cup Final saw Aldborough Athletic up against last season’s winners Rayleigh Town. In an exciting contest Aldborough eventually came out 4-3 winners after extra time.

The Reserve Cup Finalists featured last season’s champions Harold Wood against Rayleigh Town. Harold Wood went on to lift the Trophy again with a hard fought 1-0 victory.

In the Denny King Cup last season’s runners-up M & B Club overcame Runwell Hospital 1-0 in a game that was again delayed by the weather.

The Clubman of the season went to George Geoghiou of Frenford Senior for the second time. The Patron’s award went to Dave Dady from Benfleet.

Kevin Pratt was the referee of the season and Dave Ball of Stambridge won the club linesman award.

The team sportsmanship of the year award was won by Leigh Ramblers Senior side and the Club sportsmanship was also won by Leigh Ramblers. Very well done to them.

Springfield followed up on their promotion from senior division three last season by winning Senior Two and the runners up were Old Southendian who also came up last season.

The same thing happened in Reserve Two with both Castle United and Debden Sports gaining back to back promotions although Castle United subsequently withdrew their reserve team.